Job ID: R0005931
Location: State College, PA
Address: State College, 345 Colonnade Blvd
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older.
Days Hours Req: This department operates between the hours of 5:30am and 8:00pm. An ideal part-time candidate will be available for a minimum of two to three days per week Sunday thru Saturday. A typical shift would fall between 2:30pm - 8pm. Candidates must be available Friday through Sunday.
Our Coffee Shop serves customers the freshest, most delicious blends of coffee and specialty drinks throughout the day. In this department, you'll work with a team to provide incredible customer service and share your knowledge and passion for the coffee industry. If you are a coffee fanatic and love the scents of freshly brewed coffee, this could be the role for you!
People (Who We Are)
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure efficient department operations
Customer (What We Believe)
- Build rapport with customers by remembering “regular” drink orders, making recommendations, and conversing with customers while preparing orders
- Share your knowledge and passion for the industry and educate others about product offerings
- Maintain product levels throughout the day by stocking, refilling and rotating product
Product (What We Do)
- Follow Wegman core recipes to prepare drink orders with speed, accuracy, and a consistent outcome
- Merchandise products in innovative and eye-catching displays to promote sales
- Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines, and Simplification 5S procedures
- Work includes walking, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, reaching, frequent lifting, and sometimes reaching and lifting above shoulder height, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. The average weight range of items lifted is 1-10 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 35 pounds rarely. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction)
- Work includes the safe and proper handling of Basic tools & Equipment such as coffee machines, cash register, u-cart, food service appliances
- Work may include use of hand pallet jack, power pallet jack, power walkie-reach, scissors lift or WAV unit. Wegmans certification required for use of power equipment
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Experience operating a cash register
- Experience working in a coffee shop