Job ID: R0007980
Location: State College, PA
Address: State College, 345 Colonnade Blvd
Age Requirement: Must be 16 years or older.
Days Hours Req: Ideal Candidate would be available for a 4 - 6 hour shift between the hours of 4pm and 10:00pm Monday through Friday, and from 8am - 8pm on the weekends.
Our Frozen department works hard to offer our customers a wide variety of everyday-use frozen products. In this department, you'll work with a team to ensure cases are fully stocked with everything from Premium Ice Cream to Just Picked veggies, while providing incredible service to our customers. If you enjoy helping customers and working in a fast-paced environment, this could be the position for you!
People (Who We Are)
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure efficient department operations
Customer (What We Believe)
- Proactively approach customers, assist them in locating products, provide suggestions and answer any questions about products
- Familiarize self with products in the department as well as inventory in the backroom to assist customers in locating items and product availability
Product (What We Do)
- Unload deliveries, stock cases, displays and backroom freezers while recognizing how seasons and holidays affect product sales
- Maintain department appearance by rotating product, sustaining product levels throughout the day, properly shrinking outdated product, checking expiration dates, ensuring cases and displays are well-merchandised
- Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines, and Simplification 5S procedures
- Work includes walking, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, frequent heavy lifting, repetitive hand and arm movements, bending, and reaching, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers. Work involves exposure to and work in below freezing temperatures. The average weight range of items lifted is 8-32 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally to frequently. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction)
- Work may include use of hand pallet jack, power pallet jack, power walkie-reach, scissors lift or WAV unit. Wegmans certification required for use of power equipment
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting