Job Posting: 05/08/2018
Job ID: R0008052
Location: Burlington, MA
Address: Burlington, 53 Third Avenue
Age Requirement: Must be 18 years or older.
Days Hours Req: Preferred availability for this position is Monday through Saturday between the hours of 12pm and 10pm (Sundays optional). Our existing stores experience busy sales patterns on the weekends. All hourly employees will earn time and one-half on Sunday.
Our Meat department offers a variety of fresh, unique meat products to our customers. In this role, you'll provide incredible service by educating customers on the different cuts and selections we offer and suggesting meal solutions for any occasion. If you're passionate about food and are looking for the opportunity to learn and develop your skills, this could be the position for you!
People (Who We Are)
- Support, encourage, and respect co-workers
- Work with supervisor to set and achieve goals for development
- Comply with Wegmans Policies and Work Rules, as well as, federal and state laws
- Maintain open lines of communication with supervisors and coworkers to ensure efficient department operations
Customer (What We Believe)
- Proactively approach customers, answer questions, help locate products, and full-fill customer orders
- Consistently grow product knowledge and stay up-to-date on new and featured items and cooking techniques
Product (What We Do)
- Maintain department appearance by displaying proper signage and well-merchandised product
- Unload and break down deliveries, weigh, price and wrap products, stock cases and rotate for freshness
- Follow Wegmans core recipes and job aides when preparing products to ensure a consistent outcome
- Properly handle products, use equipment, keep accurate logs and follow sanitation practices in accordance with food and human safety guidelines, and Simplification 5S procedures
- Work includes walking, standing for up to 4 hours without a break, repetitive hand and arm movements, occasional heavy lifting, bending, and reaching, along with continuous interaction with customers and co-workers in a fast-paced environment. Work involves exposure to various work environments, including cold temperatures. The average weight range of items lifted is 15-40 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of greater than 50 pounds occasionally. You may receive assistance with heavy items, if available. May be exposed to various allergens (things that may cause an allergic reaction)
- Work may include use of hand pallet jack, power pallet jack, power walkie-reach, scissors lift or WAV unit. Wegmans certification required for use of power equipment
Employment at Wegmans may be contingent upon your completion and our evaluation of a drug screen and/or criminal background check. All Applicants will be screened; only those closely matching the job posting will be interviewed.
- Customer service experience, preferably in a food service, grocery or retail setting
- Knowledge of different types and cuts of meat and poultry
- Proficiency with Wegmans cooking techniques