Selling fish is entirely different from selling access to a membership website. It can be a bundle of joy putting a membership website together. When you start running a membership website it can become lucrative, particularly if you have recurring monthly members format. Membership websites are often something that most people wanted to design for years. Another advantage of running a membership website is that the start-up cost is affordable. Despite that one can afford to open a membership website, not everyone is prepared for the change. Operating and running a membership website is no walk through the sunny park. Membership websites build communities’ of users, but the first thing a person must do before joining the site is to research the company or person that runs the website. If you do not have a top quality web site with the security the user is expecting, you could very well fall on your face.
Building a membership website in all aspects is not a quick task. One of the hassles of running a membership website is creating quality content on a consistent basis that your members will find useful. One the most labor exhaustive chores of running a membership website are to come up with fresh valuable content for your visitors. Growing a membership website is a full-time job, but it is one that I utterly something to enjoy. The membership website is full of downloadable resources in addition to articles full of insight.
Discussing articles, when you start running a membership website you will need to know some basic SEO stuff. Trust me; this stuff is trickier than most people think. If you do not get it right, well, ask Google and other major search engines the big, fat WHY!
SEO and the basics of Yahoo Knowledge
Brief SEO Stuff Description
Keywords and your web text links are essential for increasing your chances of reaching the top ranks at the search engines. Rich keywords will only get you noticed at the top search engines. SEO missions to help you cutback cost and time; what you need:
1. SEO - On-page – Meta Tags, Text, Keyword Density, Title page, description page, relevant links, etc,
2. Off-Page – SEO Links – focuses on quantity and quality, and make sure that your pages content has strong links to associated pages.
3. BLOG – relevancy and quality informative pages is important, Yahoo searches with crawlers every two to four weeks and will mechanically discover content on web pages purposed for its index.
4. SEO Keyword Rich – Content is important – Stuffing any keywords on your page will decrease your chances of reaching the top ranks.
5. Description – You want to create unique pages for your title page. When you are running a membership website, you want to make sure the content is readable to various audiences.
6. Users – These people will type in keywords into the search engines to find relevant keywords or links. Be sure to choose relevant terms for your title page.
7. SEO Meta Tags – Make sure that you add relevant, quality rich and informative links to your tags. Narrow your keywords instead of adding broader content.
8. Links – Your have a choice of incoming links, outbound, inbound, PR2, back links, and other links, just keep it relevant.
Be sure to focus on relevancy, quality and informative keywords and links when considering your title tags, or your headers. Consider the keywords based on what your targeted audience may consider when searching for relevant information.
Yahoo has crawlers that will not recognize any copy that is within images. Display the ALT Text clearly on your pages
HTML – add a site map.
If you design any web pages with undesirable links or content that is not relevant, Yahoo may penalize you. Keep it honest. Do not spam or try to manipulate the search engines. Any redundant, inappropriate, or low quality content or links will get pushed out. Avoid-
1. Invisible use of redundant text –
2. Any pages that solely intend to direct users to other pages –
3. Adding several web sites that use the identical content –
Do not abuse any cross-links – do not add artificial link popularity –
4. Do not try to push deceptive web pages, fraudulent pages or add excessive deceptive pop-ups that will interfere with a user’s navigation –
Yahoo, like Google is an honest search engine and their mission is to make sure that users find relevant, quality and informative information as quickly as possible with few interruptions. Discover more basics on building and running a membership website.